Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Excuses, Excuses



First off, Happy Hump Day Y'all!



  I've been pretty down lately. I haven't been making the greatest decisions. I've been lazy. I've been making a lot of excuses...
It has never been easy {even when I've been in shape, healthy, skinny} for me to be active or eat healthy when the I'm on my period. {Side not to all the guys: Sorry dudes, this is totally a girly girl's blog and we're all grown-ups here. Girls have periods. Surprise!} I have the worst PMS. It just knocks me off my butt! Seriously. Major fatigue, back ache, headaches, cramps, extreme moodiness, CRAVINGS, and increased hunger. I like to crawl in bed and sleep the week away {but that is completely unrealistic, especially with a baby}. The CRAZY comes out and I pretty much say "bye bye" to healthy choices. Chocolate? DID YOU SAY CHOCOLATE!? Yes, please! Greasy mexican food? Count me in! Dessert every night? Sign me up!


Ugh....

Then the guilt. A whole week of screwing up and being lazy. Hhmmmmmfffff. So I do what any girl does, right? Get on pinterest. Pin a bunch of "thinsporation." Look for healthy meals. Beat myself up for not making good choices. I get to feeling down, go to bed, wake up, get cranky, make bad choices... NEVER-ENDING CYCLE. And worse I feel like a hypocrite! I sit here encouraging, uplifting, building up, and challenging my readers/self/friends. I tell them "get it girl!" and can't even "get it" myself. 

There was a pin that almost had me in tears...



Do something that will make a difference for your future. The only regret I have is that I didn't start yesterday. I say that almost every day! So many "yesterdays" that I could have started on my journey. So many, in fact, that I would probably be at my goal by now!

WOW, how frustrating!

You know what? There is not a single thing I can do to change that. Yesterday is gone and all I have is today. Instead of saying "Tomorrow," I need to start saying "Now!" 

No more excuses. Like Nike, Just do it.

What I'm struggling with most:
  • Finding healthy dinner ideas
  • Getting out of the house to exercise
  • Finding ways to be active without leaving, while taking care of Baby S.
I have cycled through my healthy recipes I found and I liked some of them {others were a total bust}. Now I'm out of ideas. I've been dying to get back to the gym and work out with my girlfriends. I feel 100% guilty every time I leave the house. Leaving my husband with the baby is so totally hard for me! It has absolutely NOTHING to do with him being CAPABLE. It's everything to do with me feeling guilty. He works harder than anyone I know. He has a physically demanding job. He is TIRED when he comes home. I work hard, too, but it is not the same kind of work. He never makes me feel bad or guilty. He never discourages me from going or leaving him with the baby. He never resents me for anything. I don't know why I place the guilt on myself? I can't get over it, though. I feel like I should do whatever is necessary to let him relax, rest, have an easy going evening; which includes me taking sole responsibility and care for Baby S. {Which is unrealistic, because I'm not super mom and I need help.. a lot.} I feel like if I leave him a lone more than once a week, with the baby, in the evening, after he has had a long day... then I'm making him work double hard and making him do my job after he worked all day at his. {Nice run on sentence...} Make sense? I know that we share this thing called being "parents" equally. It's not really a job. It's our life. We both chose to be parents. It's just hard for me. I don't know why. I'll leave it at that.

So what could possibly make me feel even more guilty than leaving the baby with my husband? Leaving him with a family member. My mother in law is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet. She genuinely wants to help us all the time. She has offered to take care of Baby S if I ever need a babysitter, when going to the gym. I haven't been able to take her up on that offer, because I feel like I've asked her to help us out for other occasions so frequently in the past that I don't want her to get burnt out {in case I really need her for something important}.

What can I do to be active during the day, with the baby in tow? Keeping in mind it's about 20* outside and was snowing yesterday. If I get on my treadmill, I can't just leave him in the living room a lone. Even if I did... he wouldn't let me. He would scream the whole time. I have no where to set him in there. What to do, What to do?

Well, when I figure it out I suppose I'll start doing it... whatever it is!

So guys, let me know:
  • what are some ways you stay active with a baby at home without going outside. 
  • What are some healthy recipes you have in your regular dinner rotations? 



Help me out!! :) Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I found some things on Pinterest, of ways to exersize with a baby... some of the ones I have seen even include the baby. Make if 'fun' for them without them knowing you are working out! I cook a lot in my crock pot, though I do work outside the home it makes it easier. I have found some really decent meals that are good for you that are cooked in a crock pot. I have also recently found out that I love baked fajitas, i used EVOO when making them. They turn out great! I am rooting for you, that once a month devil is horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nichole! I need a cheerleader every now and then ;)
      I do love my crockpot. I use it frequently, too, but a lot of my old recipes aren't exactly "healthy." I love fajitas! I'll have to start making them more ...

      Delete