Friday, January 24, 2014

Weigh in!



  I realized I have not done an update about how my weight loss is going. I forgot to weigh in this morning. {I always weigh first thing in the morning, after using the restroom, completely naked and before doing anything- like eating or showering.} 

Yesterday, 1/23/14, I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 231. That's 6 lbs down from 1/10/14. So about 3 lbs. a week.
Meh.

I have to admit, I'm not thrilled. A true confession, though? I weighed in last Friday and forgot to report it. I had lost 4 lbs. in  a week. I was happy about that! 
So, I believe had I not been sick this week... I could have had a bigger number.

I need to measure myself, so I can keep track of inches lost, too. 

I listed several goals here, in my very first post. They were long term goals. I decided I needed some short term goals. I'm kind of leery of short term goals; I tend to put time frames on them and then feel like a failure when I don't meet the goal by said date. This time, I'm going to make my short term goals without a deadline. I don't know if this is a good idea or not? I guess I'm erring on the side caution. 

Short term goals:
  1. Start WW officially
  2. Lose 15 lbs.
  3. Lose 10% of my body weight {24 lbs.}
Hopefully I can reach those goals in a timely manner. I'm looking forward to those accomplishments!




I'll leave you with some recipes I've found:

I made this yesterday {I didn't use carrots or peas because I didn't have any and I also didn't use mushrooms because I HATE mushrooms! YUCK! LOL} The soup is super yummy! Tastes just like chicken pot pie! De-lish! Mmm Mmmm




& This looks yummy!



If you try it, Let me know!!!




4 comments:

  1. Way to go! I know it's hard when the number on the scale isn't what you necessarily what you want, but the important thing is that it's going in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're absolutely right, Monica! Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those numbers on the scale are great!! Don't get down about that. Losing too fast is not healthy. You're right on track, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks Nikki! That's nice of you to stop by and encourage me!! (:
      I need to keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race. I'll get there! Especially with support from others who are going on this journey with me.

      Delete