Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Getting started, where to begin?

  

  Welcome to my journey. I'm just starting, so if you'd like to follow a long and join me, I'd love the support! If you've stumbled upon my blog here, I have a feeling my story isn't much different than yours. Here is my background...


 New mother of a 7 month old (8 months on the 22nd!) and wife to an amazing husband who supports me and loves his family so much. To no surprise, my weight gain, this time around, came during my pregnancy. In August 2012, I got a positive on my pregnancy test and was so thrilled! I had started losing weight earlier that year; dedicated to losing weight to have a baby and I met my goal. 150 lbs! Yay me! Unfortunately, I felt I could take a break from my strict lifestyle and have a carefree pregnancy. I gained all of my weight back plus some, during those short 9 months.  I have a lot of weight to lose, but this isn't the first time I've struggled with weight...

Let me back it up further.


 In high school I played volleyball and it kept me in great shape. I weighed about 150-160 and I was solid muscle. After I graduated (in 2006) I weighed in at about 165-175. I immediately started gaining weight, since I was no longer active. I was also struggling with a lot of dysfunction in my family that was causing severe depression. Over the course of several years I was getting larger and larger. I was already dating my husband in high school and we married in 2008. We both blew up the scale and realized something had to give. My husband yo-yo's a lot. I tried fad diets and of course it never stuck. My heaviest in December of 2011, was 220 lbs. I knew that I could not go on living this lifestyle. I found Take Shape For Life {TSFL} and used Medifast products starting in April of 2012 (after doing WW for a few months and losing an initial 20 lbs. then plateauing) and it was my life saver! I began the program and knew that if I could meet my goal, then I could finally allow myself to start trying for a family. So if you're keeping track- From April 2012 to August 2012- I lost about 50 lbs. YES. That is no lie.  TSFL helped me drop that weight in a snap. During my pregnancy I gained about 60-65lbs. Yikes!! What did I do? Well, I just knew for sure that whatever weight I gained during my pregnancy would come right off with breastfeeding and going back on program, with TSFL, right??? WRONG. Breastfeeding helped for the first few weeks and I was down from 227 to 207. Awesome! Yeah, except, I was soo much hungrier breastfeeding then what I ever was pregnant. After the breastfeeding stopped helping me lose, the pounds started sneaking back up. 




 Now we are up to date, to today, right now. As I sit here and type, I'm officially at my heaviest ever and I feel fat, gross and hopeless. The worst set of numbers in consecutive order that I have ever seen... 2.3.7. In any other circumstance, those numbers mean nothing to me, but put together in that order = utter disgust and failure. What have I done to myself?



 Well you may be thinking "if TSFL worked so well, why are you not just going back on it as planned?" Unfortunately due to me quitting my job to stay home with my son, I cannot afford to go back on the TSFL program. We are on a very tight budget, but it's worth me being home to raise our son. So, that is why. For anyone interested in the program, I will link my health coach's website here and you can contact them with any questions. Seriously, if you can afford it, then do it!! So, moving on, what does this mean for me?



 Today is day one. No, I haven't actually started any fancy program and I cannot afford the gym either, but my mindset is focusing on what I'm going to accomplish in 2014. If your New Year's Resolution is to "lose weight" then please give up on that right now!! Let me explain.. How many times has that been your resolution? How many years do you fail? Exactly! This year will be different! This year is about a revolution! Let's make a change in ourselves. Let's  make a lifestyle change! I don't want to lose this weight, because I have no hopes or plans for ever finding it! I want it gone and a part of my past that will better me in my future. I want something that will change me for the better, forever! How about you? Are you wanting to make a lifestyle change this year? Let's do this! Follow me on my journey and help me succeed! Encouragement, strength, comfort; All the things I find in my faith, and with God on my side, with the support from my friends and family and encouragement from fellow journey-takers,  I can do this. 1/8/14. It begins...


My goals (in no particular order):


  • Lose about 80 lbs.
  • Lose the weight be the end of the year
  • Be able to run around with my son (or just chase after him) without being tired easily
  • Be comfortable in my own skin
  • Gain back my confidence
  • Be a better wife, physically, mentally and emotionally
  • Be a good example for my son
  • Be an inspiration for other mothers
What are your goals for this New Year? 

2 comments:

  1. Your honesty and attitude are admirable. Being aware of your situation is actually a great start, choosing to ignore it or be in denial are often setbacks for others, so way to go! I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete