Monday, January 13, 2014

What's your plan?

Today, I've been going around the house, picking up, cleaning, scrubbing, cooking...

Usually after several minutes, I'm so tired and over it that I stop. Today has been different, it's kind of strange. I'm tired, but not fatigued. I'm hungry, but I'm not scavenging around the kitchen. I'm cleaning like a mad woman; I know it needs to be done, so I'm just doing it! How's that for motivation? Pretty good...

Also, as I mentioned, I'm cooking. I've got a pork loin in the crock pot. I love my slow cooker! Do you have one? What are your favorite recipes? At Skinny Taste, she has some slow cooker recipes that are WW friendly. The recipe I'm cooking today is from her site! Thanks Skinny Taste!!

Okay, so I've gotten together with some of my girlfriends that have gym memberships, and we decided today we're going to go tonight {before The Bachelor is on, of course}! I hope we stick to it! I can't go unless they do, which is why this isn't going to be my reliable source of "movement." As this weight has crept up, I've become so sedentary. It's really sad. It shows you just how important movement is! Standing burns more calories that sitting. Something so simple. When I was working, before I had the baby, I was standing, moving, (almost felt like I was running) around the pharmacy for about 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. This has been a drastic change in my lifestyle. I know I was easily taking 10,000 steps a day and I want to get back to that. It's the least I can do to stay moving. I need to find my pedometer! When the weather gets nicer outside, I'm going to start taking Baby S outside and walk to get my 10,000 steps in! I need to start using my treadmill. No more excuses!

What are some ways you are moving through out your day? It seems a lot harder to get these moments of movement when it's cold and icky out. I can't wait for Spring and Summer {My favorite times of the year}!

Share your WW recipes or ways you get movement in you day with below in my comments! Also, follow and share my blog! (If you don't know how, you can follow via email, share on Facebook or Twitter or follow me on your own blog.) If you have blogger and don't know how to follow me; Go on your dashboard: go to the left side of the screen where it says "add" and click it. Add my website to the blank: www.Laurenlosinglbs.blogspot.com then click "Follow." Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. I love my slow cooker too! Right now one of my more healthier recipes is pineapple chicken. Put 3-4 chicken breasts in the slow cooker, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce, 1/2 the juice from a 10 oz can of pineapple chunks, and all of the pineapple chunks. Cook it on low 4-5 hours (if the chicken is not frozen). I usually serve it over rice and it is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, That sounds good! Thanks for sharing, Becky :) Might have to try that next week!

      Delete