Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Catching up



  I didn't get a chance to weigh in on Friday morning {my normal weigh in day}, or Saturday morning either, because my son had a rough two nights. {Teething...} Sunday morning I got up for church and weighed in. Down another 2.5 lbs. {226}! I've lost a total of 11 lbs. since January 10th. As of today, February 11th, I realize that in one month's time I've done fairly well, considering I haven't been as strict on myself as I have planned to be.

Just 4 more pounds to go to meet one of my short term goals. {Losing 15 lbs.} I hope I can accomplish my other 2 short term goals in a timely matter. Once I complete those, I plan on creating more short term goals, until I eventually reach my long term goals.


Through this blog, it's been confirmed I'm not the only one who struggles. I've always known I'm not the only person that struggles, but sometimes you get so wrapped up in your own life that it's hard to believe others could understand. Everyone struggles with something: money, what to make for dinner, weight loss, marriage, faith, healthy choices, raising a family, securing a stable future, etc., etc. Everyone has something in their life that they want to work on bettering. I've been praying. Praying for peace of mind, for God to help me worry less {because I KNOW He takes care of me!}, for contentment, for guidance, and for everything I'm so thankful for... for God has richly blessed my family! I'm so thankful to have people who are here for me and my family. People who are willing to help anyway they can. Cheering me on. Lending a helping hand. Supporting us. It's amazing.
♪ To God be the glory, great things he hath done! 

Switching gears here a bit...

This weekend my family is celebrating something special. I know what you're thinking,  but no it isn't Valentine's Day. I can't go into specific details because it is a secret {and the person might read my blog}. I'm excited for it though! It's an amazing thing to get to celebrate... I'll come back and report about it after it happens. I just want to better myself, my life and my health, so that I can be able to be strong and live a full life like this special someone! Makes you really think about the long term effects and how the negative decisions will impact your future.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I don't know when my husband and I will get to celebrate. We've been awfully busy {and will be just as busy if not more so this weekend}. Yesterday was one of our many anniversaries that I keep track of. {heh} We got engaged on February 10, 2007. Seven years ago I made the best decision {the EASIEST decision} to say "YES!" when he got down on one knee. It's crazy to think about how long we've been "us." Ten short years {this October} we've been together. It doesn't seem possible that, that much time has flown by! It's more special to me now {after having the baby} to reminisce and get that special alone time, that just "us" time, that "remember when..." time. It's hard to focus on just us with the hustle and bustle of life and taking care of a baby. How do you people do it with more than one kid? It's important to me for us not to ever forget about "us." Something as little as cozying up on the couch and talking about our favorite memories or something funny that happened that day. It's nice to get a quiet moment to enjoy with each other. I'm looking forward to whenever we find time to celebrate Valentine's Day... even if it's no longer Valentine's Day. 


Hoping everyone has a lovely week and that you get to enjoy a fun-filled weekend with your special someone. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on losing 11 lbs. so far! I saw an article on Pinterest about healthy/healthier options for Valentine's Day. They recommended dark chocolate a few times, they showcased the brand Skinny Girl wine, plus some other stuff I don't remember. IDK it could have been worded differently maybe Valentine's Day with less guilt? Ha!
    Can't wait to hear your follow up about what you are celebrating this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Yeah, that sounds more accurate {less guilt vs guilt free...}! I'm afraid Sam is going to stick to his same ole' same... taking me out for dinner. I'll try to make a good choice though. We'll see. I'm definitely buckling down after this holiday and celebration. I'll have a long stretch before our anniversary and Baby S's first birthday in May. Hoping I can make great strides by then! Thanks for the encouragement!

      I'll let you know what the celebration is Monday! Stay tuned...

      Delete