Monday, February 24, 2014

Making the necessary changes



Hey everyone! Well, it's that time again... time to reveal the horrifying number on the scale from this morning's weigh-in {since I failed to do it last Friday}. I knew it wouldn't be pretty; I was hoping I was wrong, but I KNEW I was right.
And I was. 230. Bummer. Up a whopping 2.5lbs. UGH! 

So, what I'm doing {or not doing} obviously isn't working. I've decided that the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a good motto to follow right about now. IT'S TOTALLY BROKE!!



I had a few short term goals set and I'd like to refresh them:


  1. Join WW √
  2. Lose 5% of my body weight {again... *eye roll*} -11.5lbs.
  3. Track everything and share my weekly weigh-ins with my blog. {Keeping accountable!}
  4. Wear my pedometer to track movement, and share the info with y'all. {Again, accountability.}
As you can see, I finally joined WW! It feels good to get that off my to-do list. I'm hoping that if I work the program how it's intended, I can get good results and be on my way to a better/healthier me! I'm glad I have a plan. I know that I need to do something specific. That's just what works for me, personally. I have more success when I have specific guidelines to follow {instead of, say, counting calories or eyeballing portion control.} Since I have a specific number of points allotted, and these points correlate directly to losing weight, I know that by staying within that number - I will be successful.

Did you hear [read] that? 

I. Will. Be. Successful!

This sounds pretty confident, kind of like I found a new source of inspiration and motivation. I have. It's time to make the necessary changes in my life. It's time to stop talking about everything I want to do, and do it!

Have you heard of Arthur Boorman? He has a video that has gone viral. I cried. If watching him, reading his story, feeling his pain isn't inspiring... I don't know what it would take to reach the insides of you.

Hopefully you have been inspired. Hopefully you are motivated now. Even if you aren't looking to lose weight, I'm sure there is something in your life you wish/hope/dream to achieve. Don't take the things you CAN do for granted because there is someone, somewhere, that wishes they could do those things! Use the things you are blessed to be able to do, to your advantage and to better yourself. Use it as a gift. Use it to achieve your goals! You. Can. Do. It!


2 comments:

  1. I tend to fluctuate on the scales a bit too. I might lose 7 lbs. and then its back up another 3-4 later. So after losing 11 lbs. that is understandable. Just keep it up and don't quit.

    ReplyDelete