Thursday, February 6, 2014

Baby it's cold outside...



  This cold weather is the pits! It makes me feel so tired and lazy. I want to stay in bed where it is warm and cozy. I'm so cold! I try to refrain from cranking up the thermostat. It's awful! I'm resisting the urge to climb back in bed, though {for now!} Need Sam to come home so I can stick my cold feet on him! {ha!} He warms them up for me... but hates it. Sorry honey!

So, I've been going around the house cleaning, doing all the chores I hate... ugh
Since I'm so out of shape and overweight, cleaning is a work out for me! So, that's a plus... I guess? I got to it and got all sweaty. Got my movement in for today! I could use a lot more, but at least I got something.

Speaking on feeling tired, I think I'm still suffering from anemia from when I was pregnant. I was suppose to be taking iron supplements, but I stopped taking them after the side effects were getting too bad. I've been told an "at home" way to see if you are low in iron {besides feeling fatigued} is by looking at how red your eyes are inside your lower eyelid. I pulled my down to take a look, and it's very pale pink. I guess I'll start taking my supplements again and see if I start feeling better...

Boring post today. Sorry! I just don't have much going on. Hopefully I can get back to the gym again and try some new recipes to share with y'all. I'm still open to any recipes you have to share! 

5 comments:

  1. This weather is getting pretty blah! Its fun being stuck inside for only a day or so then it becomes unbearable. I could use some healthier recipes as well. The other day for lunch I ate an avocado with nine flax seed corn chips. I'm not sure which end of the creative scale that meal falls on. Oh well. LOL! Sorry about your fatigue. I hope you get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have anemia and I do not take iron supplements. When I feel like my iron level is low I eat something high in iron. Red meat, spinach (not cooked, yuck) etc... I have not had an iron supplement since Sadie was 3 months old. I know how you feel with the fatifue and such from anemia, it is no fun! I also am able to take Flintsone vitamins (i am a kid at heart, it's how I can get Sadie to take her vitamin daily), due to it having a lower dose of iron in it, iron supplements make me sick from an over load of iron.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that you could treat it naturally like that! Unfortunately most red meat is more fattening and I'm trying to cut back... Also I like spinach leaves like on sandwiches or in a salad but I never buy it since it goes bad before I can eat it all. Maybe I'll start taking flinstones again. I took them while pregnancy when my prescription vitamins made me sick. Thanks ;)

      Delete