Monday, February 17, 2014

Surprise revealed



  The results are in from Saturday... and I knew it wouldn't be pretty. I gained 1.5lbs. {currently 227.5} Ughhh! At least I had mentally prepared myself for it. This week will probably be another bad week. At least I had a good time!

So the surprise was
a birthday party for my Grams. She turned 80 years old. All of the family got together this Sunday {out of town guests and all}, showed up at church {I tapped her on the shoulder & *SURPRISE!*}, invited her friends at the church to stay for the party, had pizza & cake and had pictures made. It was such an enjoyable time! I was so happy to get to visit her and other family! It's hard to get everyone together these days, so it was really special!


{I'd like to point out how my beautiful Grams does NOT look 80!}


I tried to be good and at first, I did! I only had one slice of pizza and a salad. Then they cut the cake... I had a slice and a cookie. When we left, Grams sent me home with her left over cookies. On the drove home I had my husband stop and get me some fries and a drink for the drive home! {Ugh! What on earth...? I haven't done anything like that in a long time.} The cookies were calling out to me, so I had some of those. It just all went downhill after that! I pretty much gave up this weekend. I'm determined to get back on track, though! It's getting nice outside, so I'm ready to get out and go for walks. It will be good to get moving again.

Hoping this Friday's weigh in isn't a COMPLETE disaster, but we'll deal with it when that time comes. 

Hopefully everyone was able to enjoy either a beautiful day outside today or a day off for President's day. I'm in a pretty good mood. Got back from Baby S's doctor's appointment a short while ago and he gave us the good news we had been waiting for since he was 2 months old! YAY for GOOD news! It's kind of private, but let's just say he doesn't have to have surgery and everything is working properly. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your grams! I'm sure she was thrilled to see everyone and all their efforts to come out. You have good genes coming from both sides, so you better be a good looking old lady when it's time.

    ReplyDelete