Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Get to know me...



  I thought it would be fun to post random things about me. For those of you who know me, for those of you who are getting to know me, and for those of you who don't know me at all... I figured this would be a good ice-breaker and easy read. It's not very in-depth or personal. Just for funsies.

Here we go...

1. Are you named after anyone?
Yes, kind of. My mom liked Super-model Lauren Hutton... so that's where she got my first name. {Fun extra: She wanted to name me Elise, but couldn't find a middle name to go with it. LOVE THAT NAME! She also liked my middle name, Ashley, as a first name. My grandma called me Ashley when she met me at the hospital because she didn't know mom had changed the arrangement to Lauren Ashley} 
 

2. When was the last time you cried?This morning. There was an incredibly heart-wrenching and beautiful story a mom shared on her blog about her twin babies. She had a very long and heart breaking pregnancy that ended up with the babies in heaven. She sounds like an incredible woman. Such faith. I sobbed.
3. Do you have kids?
Yes, a beautiful baby boy {whom I refer to as Baby S}.
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
I say yes! I'm pretty fun to be around... I think I'm funny and a good listener. I'd say I make a good friend.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot?Nooo...  neverrr... 

6. Will you ever bungee-jump?
Uh, no. Next?
---------->
7. What’s your favorite cereal? 
Raisin Nut Bran or Honey Bunches with Clusters {I graduated from Lucky Charms}
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Hmmm... if they seem friendly or not. I try not to judge people, but my insecurities always get the best of me when I meet a new super pretty and skinny girl. I assume they judge me first - therefore they are mean and rude and I don't give them a chance to hurt me {when in reality they could be super sweet and awesome!}
9. What is your eye color?
Brown. Like chocolate... Mmmm Chocolate!
10. Scary movie or happy endings?
Happy ending every time. I hate hate hate scary movies. I refuse to watch them... I hide my eyes during previews/trailers for new scary movies coming out. 
11. Favorite smells?
My husband. Coffee. My son {with a clean diaper. Ha!} Sweet candles. My perfume: Viva La Juicy.
12. Summer or winter?
Summa Summa Summa TIME!

13. Computer or television?
Ooooh. Tough. I say TV because I can use the internet on my phone or iPad! Is that cheating? Then I choose computer because I can watch shows online. Ha. I win.
14. Where’s the furthest you have ever been from home?
Hawaii. Furthest I've traveled. Wish I could go back someday! That place is truly paradise. Could have stayed forever!

15. Do you have any special talents?
I can wiggle my eyes, rapidly. 
16. Where were you born?
Tulsa, Oklahoma.

17. What are your hobbies?
Pretending to be crafty {like pinning ideas but never doing them...}, entertaining, blogging...
18. Do you have any pets?
Yes, a fur-baby, Bear. He's a shih-tzu

19. Favorite movie?
I hate this question. I love sooo many different movies, I cannot possibly pick a favorite. Sometimes when a new movie comes out that is awesome, it's my new favorite. It's constantly changing. I love so many different genres. Comedy, Rom-Com, Action, Disney/Pixar...
20. Do you have any siblings?
Yes. I have an older sister and a younger brother. {MIDDLE CHILD ALERT!} Both siblings are married {as am I. My hubby has 2 brothers}. So I also have 3 sister in-laws and 3 brother in-laws.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Well, this questionnaire shows my age... because I thought I was grown! I love being a homemaker. Before I became a mother, I worked as a Pharmacy Technician and I loved it. There are many ups and downs to working in a Pharmacy, but my favorite moments are getting to truly take care of patients, showing them I do care, and helping them {financially, saving money on meds, staying on top of their healthcare, being their advocate, explaining insurance, or being a listening ear.} I love helping people.

No comments:

Post a Comment