Thursday, February 13, 2014

Relatable post




  One of the many things I hate about being fat is seeing people I haven't seen in a long time. I hate running into old friends, people from high school, people I use to go to church with, and even family that I don't get to see often. It's miserable for me. It's embarrassing. For the most part, I'm praying they just don't recognize me {minus family}. I seriously cringe and it's a real fear. 


This weekend I'm going to my old church {not giving away too much detail, as it is apart of the surprise celebration} and I'm going to see people I haven't seen since I was about 14. Obviously I have changed a lot since I was a teenager. Even if I wasn't over weight, I would be a different person and look different too. I've been told a lot of my old friends/acquaintances are no longer there. That is such a relief. 

I hate this feeling. I hate being embarrassed, anxious and stressed about running into people. It's really hard wondering what they're thinking about me. As if I wasn't already self conscious enough... 

Not to be overly negative, but I think this a relatable topic; it helps me stay focused on my goal. Listing all some of the things that I hate that make me uncomfortable while being overweight:


  • When I carry my son, my shirt lifts up, potentially showing my rolls
  • No longer being able to hide rolls... no matter what I wear
  • Having to sit on the floor with Baby S instead of kneeling or leaning down
  • Holding Baby S for too long, making my back hurt
  • Having a hard time getting off the floor from sitting down with Baby S
  • Being short of breath after doing hardly anything
  • Being in a poor mood because I'm just unhappy with me
  • Being with my husband... The lights are ALWAYS OFF
  • How lazy I get
  • How nothing in my closet fits
  • Paying more for clothes because they use more material to make that size
  • Not being able to see {or reach for that matter} places on my body
  • Feeling my arms flap and jiggle

I think that's enough for now. HA! So depressing... but in a g...ood way? Hmm. 
More motivation! I use that negativity to fuel my drive. I don't want to feel that anymore. I want to be proud! I'll get there. Taking it one day at a time!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Miss Lauren I am so sorry you are having all of these terrible feelings. My only advice is get a dimmer switch for the bedroom, that might be a good compromise. Seriously though, next time we are having nice weather and it is not a Wednesday hit me up to go to the zoo. My zoo pass is good through April and I can bring one guest for free (that would be you) and babies are free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good, Becky! Thank you. (:
      Yeah! That sounds great... I'd love to go. {Not just for Samson, but I haven't been to the zoo in Forever and been dying to go} Hopefully the good weather will be moving in soon!

      Delete