Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Long overdue


Oh my ... I haven't posted At ALL in June! How pitiful! I've been a bit busy, but that's no excuse to forget about updating for all you lovely people out there - right?! HA!

For real though, I haven't updated since the day after Memorial Day and there's plenty to talk about.


First, let's talk about why I've been gone. No big thang. My hubby and I took a mini vacation. We were really ready to get away!! We stayed in Texas for 3 nights and had a great time. He also took the rest of the week off, so when we came back home last Monday... we had the rest of the week together. It was tough being away from Baby S for so long, but I managed. I was super excited to see Baby S when we got back. He looked pretty excited, too! 

I went completely off program on vacation. I had planned on eating my meals and trying to eat sensibly at dinner, but by Saturday night, it all went out the window! It was okay. I didn't mind and knew I would get right back on when I got back. I also knew that it would mean no weight loss or a potential weight gain. It was worth it though, I'm sooo not going to lie! {Once I got home, however, that was a whole other story. Some of the crap stuff that I ate wasn't even that good! *yuck* Now, that felt like a TOTAL waste! Oh well...}

In my mind, the way I justify all of this, is by thinking - I will eventually be healthy, skinny, and conscious of what I eat. If I do better now, make good choices now, and work hard now... I won't want to mess that up later! I won't want to be back here, where I am today. When I get to that point... I WILL:
  • make it a point to continue a healthy lifestyle {because I worked hard for it}, and that INCLUDES making healthy eating choices.
  • have times {such as special occasions, holidays, etc} where I will indulge, but consciously.

I do not think this is bad. It's about:
  • Moderation. 
  • Self-control.
  • the occasion being SPECIAL.
It's NOT about:
  • Eating unhealthily every meal, all the time. 
  • Binging. 
  • Double or "super-sized" portions.
  • throwing everything out the window, forgetting where I came from.
I believe, in the future, I can say "I'd like to have ___insert indulgence___" and that will mean: a correct portion, for that special occasion, and be okay with just that. I'll have my treat and then move on. I'll probably have to go jogging the next day, but that will be apart of my new healthier lifestyle.
So, I need to give it up now, and realize that I want -so desperately- to be skinny. To get there, I have to stop going off program. I have to stick to my good choices. 



Secondly, I weighed in last Tuesday (the 3rd) with a gain of 2.5 pounds. {213.5lbs.} No surprise. I ate a crap-ton of food. I was totally expecting something MUCH worse! 

We're caught up to present day now. I weighed in yesterday morning and had lost the weight I had gained, plus some. I weighed in at 209. {-4.5lbs.} Yippee!

And finally, I'm overdue for my measurements. I haven't measured yet and I'm due to re-measure this coming Monday... so I'll just do it then. I'm officially back on plan as of today and do not plan on going back off. Not making any promises, but I'm going to try stick to it until I'm at goal!


In two more Mondays, just two short weeks, I will have been on this journey for 3 months. I definitely haven't come as far as I was hoping I would by this point, but I haven't given up! Hopefully next update, I can update my goals! EXCITED. I'm getting close to checking some more off! Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment