Monday, June 23, 2014

A new reality


I've had this realization of why I'm struggling with losing as effectively as I did the last time around. It's not a way to place blame elsewhere, but it's just my new reality...




Having a baby {a toddler, actually YIKES!} and changing my eating habits is really challenging when my baby toddler starts eating "table food." That's been my "ah-hah" moment as of late. I remember my sister {my health coach} talking about her first time around on TSFL, {she's only on her "second time" due to a surprise pregnancy} and telling me how she was catching herself "licking the food off her fingers," "taking a sample bite of the prepared food," and "picking up after their leftovers." This is now MY reality. This is my everyday struggle. Every single "lick/sample/snack" adds up, especially when you're doing it everyday.

I'm not so much tempted as I am just busy and distracted. I think I have to test the temperature of this food, or I have to taste this to make sure I'm feeding my son something acceptable. I think any cook, or any mommy can relate. It's just kind of normal to do so! I'm not consciously thinking "this is a cheat." I'm thinking "I'm taking care of my child!" So, with this realization, I've been trying to be more conscious about these things and try alternative ways to achieve the same results. 

I've been pretty lax again this past week, even though I was all "Gung-ho" in my post! I'm happy to report a loss though. 206lbs. That's a 2.5lb loss! Yippee. 

Today marks a milestone! As of today, I've been on plan for 12 weeks. I haven't updated my goals since my "4 weeks" post, here. There I had a few short term goals that I'm pretty close to accomplishing! Here is a recap from 4/28/14:
  • Lose another 5% of my current body weight or 10% from starting {down to 205lbs. and losing over 20lbs. total}
  • Fit into my size 16 pants all over {my thighs are still too big, otherwise I think they would fit!}
  • Drink my water
  • Get in more movement, whether from getting out and about, or getting on the treadmill
  • Get out of the "200's" 

So, good news!! I'm 1 pound away from my 10% goal and I fit into my size 16 pants really well. One pair of jeans I have, I'm constantly pulling up. I don't fit into my size 14, yet. After I say good bye to the 200's and step into "ONE-derland" I will update my goals again. Also, I'm still planning on taking those stinking before/after pictures! UGH!! I'd go and do it right now if I had a way to set up my camera...

One last thing. I have been wanting to exercise and get in a lot more movement, but I just haven't found the motivation. It's hard. I'm tired a lot, especially lately, because my loving husband is working so extremely hard for his family. Which translates to, I'm with the our son non-stop 24/7 and I feel guilty having my husband lift a finger when he comes home. He isn't getting weekends off anymore, so he's really tired too. I know this is just temporary. I am extremely grateful for his willingness to support our family! We'll live. It'll get better... right? Ha.


Hopefully I can find a little motivation on this "Motivation Monday!" Until next time...




***UPDATE***

I took my measurements last night and wanted to post them...

Arms -  14.5"

Bust -   42"    (-1/4")
Waist - 42"    (-1 1/2")
Hips -   47.5"  (-1")
Thighs- 26.5" (-1/2")

Total this week =  -3 1/4"

No comments:

Post a Comment