Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday, tell all...



Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day yesterday!

Boy, oh, boy! I have had an amazing, stressful, emotional, joyful, and unbelievable week! A lot has been going on in this household since I last updated. I didn't share with y'all last week that my precious baby turned 1! We celebrated his birthday on Saturday. It was so fun! It's amazing and unbelievable that it's been a whole year. It was very emotional preparing myself all week for this. Not only because I was stressed out, but I was so happy too! I wanted everything to be perfect and fun. I wanted to keep myself busy so I didn't have to be sad about the fact that my little baby is growing so quickly!! Every day he amazes me with his ability to grow, learn, and love...


Anyway! With all of that being said, it's time to get down to brass tacks. 



First, I never updated my measurements from last week. AH! I got too busy. So, they weren't outstanding, but I still had a little loss! 

5/19/14
Arms - 14.5"
Bust - 42.5"    (-1/4")
Waist - 43.5"  (-1/2")
Hips - 48.5" 
Thighs - 27"  (-1/2")

Total this week =  -1 1/4"

On to my weight loss {or lack there of...} With everything that was going on, including my stress level, I made a conscious decision about every single choice I made last week. I CHOSE to go off program during Baby S's party. I didn't completely throw it out of the window, but I allowed myself to eat whatever I felt like. We went out to dinner afterwards and I ate off plan. I haven't done that at all until now. {Don't get me wrong... I have had slip-ups, but if I ate a bite of something off plan, I immediately went back on and always had my L&G.} We went to Chili's and I ate off plan. I've had sweets in the house from the party, and I've eaten those too.

I weighed in yesterday morning with no loss. No surprise. {211} Honestly, I'm just happy I didn't gain! I made the choices I made because I'm an adult and I do what I want own up to them. I don't hide these facts. I don't pretend like they didn't happen {and then wonder why I didn't lose...} No. Every decision - I thought about. I knew it wasn't going to help me get to where I want to go, but I was willing to have a minor set back so I could be "worry free" {in every sense of the meaning!} It is still, unfortunately, a stress reliever. It's also easier to give in than worry about feeling like I missed out on something. I just, personally, didn't want to have a feeling of missing out on my son's birthday. End of story.


As I said, I own up to my faults. I accept it. I take responsibility. I don't LIE to myself or others. It happened, but I'm already back on track today. Eating my meals. Eating on time. I'm going right back to it and I'm still going, not giving up. That's all that matters! 


You are only a failure when you quit trying.


I haven't quit! I'm not upset with my decisions. I'm happy. I'm optimistic. I'm hopeful. I'm proud. I could go back to that old life where I "Oops, slipped up, so I might as well lose control and binge." But instead I'm choosing to continue my journey. And, I know I'll get there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment