Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Refocusing


I'm really trying to get back on track with everything lately...

Cooking, cleaning, blogging, getting in more movement {not being so LAZY}, eating right... 


I've just kind of been doing "whatever" lately and it doesn't feel right. I've been a lot more tired and sluggish. When I go off program, it affects everything in my life. It's pretty amazing what eating healthy does to your body. It transforms me entirely. Mind, mood, body, attitude, focus, drive, motivation... etc. 



I didn't have a large weight loss week because I haven't been on program 100%. There are 1001 reasons excuses I haven't been on, but I'm slowly working through them and getting back on track. I've been 100% this week. Getting back to viewing my small successes and celebrating all the wins... that's what is keeping me going. I'm working hard to remain focused on my ultimate goal.

New weight: 208.5. Half a pound loss this week. At least I didn't gain...

I'm just going to go ahead and apologize that I haven't measured. There are a lot of things going on in our lives right now and honestly... the last thing I think of is measuring myself. {If I think of it at all...}

Stress is, and will always be, my biggest "weight" factor. Stress and worry. I've known this about myself, but I just like to reiterate it because it helps remind me to be conscious about it. I try to remain conscious in my decision making, when I feel like binging due to stress, but it's very difficult.

It's kind of like the angel and the devil on both shoulders. I have the good conscious telling me that it may not be the best choice. Then on the other hand, I have my bad conscious telling me that it will be worth it and it won't be a big deal. HA! I guess I need help dealing with my "demons" better.

I would love to be able to say that it doesn't have any power over me. 




I would love to stop giving it the power, too.

It's really strange though. I'm not Really tempted by food anymore. It's just when I choose I want to go off program, there is really no changing my mind. Does that sound like a control thing, maybe? Any psychologists out there? HAHA

Seriously though, I am aware of these things and just have to work at resolving them. I think it's a step in the right direction. 

Another thing I'm REALLY needing and wanting to do is take my pictures!! I think it's such an important tool to use to visually see the impact you're making and to see the results. {Especially if the scale lied to you that week *wink wink!*}

I've already lost 25 pounds since beginning on my journey and those pictures alone would be amazing to see! Let alone seeing the start-to-finish results.

I'll work on getting that and my measurements sometime soon-ish. Hopefully I'll be back next week with a good weight loss and no hiccups!



1 comment: