Monday, May 19, 2014

Motivation Monday



Good morning to all my lovely readers! It's a beautiful day here in Oklahoma City and I'm sitting on the couch blogging to you... HA! Nice! I'm perfectly fine with this though, because Baby S is sleeping. I can't leave him anyway. Hopefully we'll make it outside later. 
So last week I had a gain, and this week I'm here to report that I have a loss. Yay! Back on track! I weighed last night {which was a day early} and I weighed 210lbs! I weighed myself this morning and weighed 211lbs! Ahh. Oh well. It's okay, because it's still a 2.5lb loss. A loss is a loss and I'm happy! Woo


Some things I've been focusing on lately:

  • 6 more pounds until I meet one of my goals {losing 10%}
  • 12 more pounds until I'm in ONEderland
  • How much better I've been feeling
  • I fit into my old "fat" clothes, and finally have a variety of items to choose from in my wardrobe
I've mentioned just how much better my mood improves when I don't feel so bad about myself. I still don't see what I want to see, but I know I'm getting there. I feel a lot more positive, optimistic, happy, refreshed, motivated, and inspired. I think about things differently... like how I'm tired of sitting around instead of looking forward to being lazy. I like to get out of the house. I like to open the blinds in the house if I can't go out to enjoy the sun. {I use to just sit in the dark, lights off, blinds shut.} My clothes fit better, but it's still a struggle. I've got a long way to go, so, that's why I'm considering adding exercise. Exercise should help my mood even more!


I know I've always struggled with depression. It gets increasingly worse when I'm unhappy with myself. I'm most unhappy when I'm overweight. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to my family. I want to be able to be my best. I want to share my best. I want to give my best. Being over weight is not my best! It makes me unhappy, moody, depressed, agitated, angry, anti-social, a home-body, a fun-sucker, a Debbie downer, and I push people away. That is a horrible, dark, lonely, and unhappy place to be. 


I've said this isn't just about getting skinny! It's about being the BEST ME that I CAN BE! 

Mind.
Body.
&Spirit.

God wants me to be the best me that I can be, so that I may shine my light. He is the light. If I'm going to emulate Christ, then I need to strive to be more like Him - in every way!

I leave you with some Motivation for this Monday! My measurements will come soon...


A moment on the lips is forever on the hips! 

You better work.
Which do you choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment