Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The measurements...




  I finally got the chance to take my measurements yesterday, and man, they sure aren't pretty. I haven't really been scared or nervous about sharing any information with you all... until now. Something about the fact that someone could grab a measuring tape and compare their measurements to mine is a little terrifying. Everyone carries weight differently, so just because I say I weigh 225lbs., that might not be as big of an impact as if I said my waist line is ___ inches.




I found my old measurements and I think I have really messed up my timeline. I thought the last time I was on program was April 2012, but I think that was my first attempt when I didn't take it very seriously. Since finding my old measurements, I believe I restarted the program in July. The reasons I think that are because I also recorded my weight by the dated measurements. 



It's all coming back to me now. I remember getting below 200 lbs. with the program in April, however, I didn't follow it correctly and did what I wanted {and cheated a lot} and gave up. I decided to take the program more seriously the second time around {in July} when I got back up to 198lbs. That's when I did really well. I was on program from July 2012 to the end of September 2012 {and got off program due to pregnancy}. I had lost over 10 inches {all over}, 2 pant sizes, and lost over 35lbs. in 3 months. That's impressive! I'm so happy I found this notebook!



So since I have that all squared away, my hope is it happens like that again, but I'm trying to keep realistic expectations.



Speaking of realistic expectations...



Here I go. I'm going to share the measurements. *Deep Breath* Just a quick exclaimer. I think the fear I have is how people perceive "ideal" measurements. Everyone has their own opinion of what is beautiful, or skinny, or ideal. I think back to Sir Mix-A-Lot's rap song "Baby Got Back!" People seem to be looking for a "36, 24, 36" figure. 

{not sure if those are accurate measurements, just a representation.}


As much as I want an hour-glass shape, I'm never going to have a 24" waistline! So as long as we keep that in perspective, and respect {not judge} the temporary size I am, I will share.

Arms: 15" {what I like to call my wings...}
Bust: 45"
Waist: 47"
Hips: 50"
Thighs: 29"


*sigh...*


I have about a 5" difference in my thighs, 7" difference in my waist, and 4" in my hips from my measurements back in 2012. I'm CONSIDERABLY bigger {not just poundage here} than I was last time. Yes, I have had a baby and things aren't always the same after being pregnant, but I'm still just so disgusted. 

Looking forward to updating these figures. Looking forward to no longer feeling the shame. Looking forward to being happy in my own skin. Looking forward to getting back to {or close to} my pre-pregnancy self. 

4 comments:

  1. You know you can do it! You are just getting started, and we are here to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been MIA in the blog world. I've never taken my measurements before to measure weight loss results, but it's a very good idea and practice. I know it's not fun to see the numbers and share them, but hopefully soon you'll have some new numbers to be excited about!

    ReplyDelete