Monday, April 7, 2014

First week down




I had lots and lots of fun at my brother and sister-in-law's house this weekend. We had such a nice visit and I was so happy we got a weekend away! I told y'all traveling was such a trigger for me... with all the temptations, I was nervous about how I would do.
Well, I'm happy to report to you that I did not go off program once. Story (my sister-in-law) had homemade fudge in her refrigerator when we arrived. HA! I just laughed because she totally forgot that I had already started my diet. Luckily my brother is dieting, too, so we both "suffered" together! 



My husband was being a little stinker and was trying to the best of his abilities to sabotage my efforts as well. He wanted to me to just "start over" this week so we could enjoy ourselves on some local food. I just kept telling him "you must want me to be fat forever, because you aren't supporting me right now! Do you want me to be fat?" His response was obviously "no..." so I told him to cut it out. I guess he doesn't feel like he gets to enjoy himself if I don't join him. Obviously that's NOT the case, because he had Mcdonald's twice, all the fudge he wanted, snax, and Subway. He enjoyed himself plenty... and I got to watch...

After all the temptations and cravings, I just said "no" and moved on. Okay okay, maybe I whined a little bit... but after I threw a fit about not eating everything I wanted to... I grabbed a Medifast bar and pretended I was eating something awesome. I wish my brain would have believed it though.


So weigh-in day today and I'm only down 3 lbs. Womp womp. 225.5lbs. I wanted to lose 5, but I'm okay with 3. I know I know. "Only 3 pounds?!?!" 



Honestly, I know that's good, but now I feel like this week I need to lose 7 to get back on track.... {remember I wanted to lose 20 lbs my first month! That's 5lbs/week.} Maybe I'll do it?! Who knows!

I'm going back to plain chicken and salad. I'm going to try that and see what happens. I want to stick with the leaner meat choices and lowest carb veggies. I'm hoping it will help. That's usually how nutrition support recommends getting out of a plateau. {Not that I'm plateauing... just that it's a good way to continue losing weight.} I already don't eat the optional snack. We shall see...

Well, I have loads of things to get done today. The worst part of traveling is coming home to clean out the suitcases and put everything away. Not to mention all the laundry. I better go get busy.

Oh p.s. I keep forgetting to get Sam to measure me, but I told him to do it tonight! So, I should have those available to post soonish. 

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    You are doing great! You have done this program before so you know it works. What is hard about starting over again is that we have so many unrealistic expectations. We want to be right back where we were right now, and we almost feel like we have to get there. The perspective has totally changed. When we first did the program, we didn't know what was possible, and any progress was good. We thought it could be done, but we didn't know exactly what could happen.
    This is similar to when you quit lifting weights. According to Jared, when you decide to start lifting weights again, you want to be able to lift the same amount right now. It just doesn't work that way, and focusing on that will cause you to give up before you even start.
    It's all about perspective. If you lose weight this week, that is awesome. If you follow the program completely and perfectly, you rock, and it will only be a matter of time before you achieve the success you are looking for. Celebrate the steps you are taking to get the job done. Each day, you can look back, and say, "I drank enough water. I ate my meals. I ate a lean and green that met the guidelines in the quick start guide." Awesome! The rest will take care of itself.
    After 3 weeks, you will start adding other actions to what you are currently doing, and you will keep adding things. You are going to do great!
    You can also listen to this recording of one of our Habits of Health calls using this link. http://bit.ly/1kEAVDp
    Don't forget about all the support you have available. There are several support calls just like this that you can listen to. I highly recommend them. The phone numbers are near the back of your quick start guide.
    I am so proud of you and I can't wait to see what you accomplish.
    Love ya,
    Les

    ReplyDelete