Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's go time!




I've been formulating my plan as to how I'm finally going to buckle down and do this weight loss thang. In the mean time, I've been trying to continue making healthy choices. Sometimes I was really good and sometimes I was really... not.



230lbs. Down 3lbs. since last week. This constant up and down. This consistent struggle. This. This isn't working. I'm sure you have heard the "definition" of insanity...



This is insanity! At some point you realize that what you are doing, what you've always done and what you continue to try to make work, doesn't/hasn't/won't work.

Everyone is different. Every body is different. What will work for some may not always work for others. It's not necessarily because of the program, but the one using it. Call it user-error, call the program a failure, call it laziness, or even giving up... it is what it is. {One, all, or none of these things!} Some people love it. Some people hate it. That's life.

I've been a WW girl over and over again. I've had minor success {biggest weight loss of 20lbs} and I've had no success. I've worked the program as best I could and other times I tried to do it halfway. Even still, I never got the results I wanted. 

The only time I've yielded the kind of results I've wanted was on TSFL. I told y'all in my last post that I was going to get back on this program. I had to find a way. I was going to find a way. I'm so happy to report: I. Did. It! I actually accomplished something I set out to do. Small victories ANY victory in life, big or small, is always a WIN for me! I was generously donated unwanted Medifast products by people who were no longer using them. THANK YOU GIRLS!!

I'm forever grateful to these people who were willing to give me a chance! They might have just viewed it as getting rid of junk, or trash, or even just to free up wasted space in their pantries, but to me it was like giving me life. They've given me hope, health, and a new beginning. How awesome?!

So down to the {not so interesting} details...
Sorry. This part is for me.

It's easier, in my mind, if I set a starting date to prepare myself. I need to organize my meals and count out how many months worth of meals I have. If I have the amount of food I think I have, I'll plan on starting Monday. I'm still trying to clear a space on my shelves to store all of this! I also need to go grocery shopping to load up on approved items {such as lean meats and green veggies...} which I'll be doing this weekend. I also want to take my "before" picture {which, SORRY, but I won't be sharing until I have a KILLER "after" one to compare it to. Ha!} Finally, I have to figure out a new budget. I'm going to set aside money monthly to buy my meals ahead of time. Since I should have at least 2 months worth of donated food, I'll have that much time to work towards purchasing month 3 and so on. Still working out all the logistics, but I'm pretty sure it will work out. 

That's my plan. I'm sticking to it this time! I KNOW TSFL works and I KNOW I will succeed on it, because I already have. I'm my own testimony. I don't have to have someone convince me it works, because I've lived it.

I'm not going to lie... I'm actually excited about going on a "diet."

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! To clarify my comments yesterday- I think you look cute and are hard on yourself about how other people see you. I do think you weight loss goals are good for your health and how you feel! Didn't mean to sound discouraging. So rock on and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you weren't discouraging! I understood what what you were saying. Thanks for the comments! I appreciate the kind words :)

      Delete