Monday, April 6, 2015

Weekly Weigh-In #1


I know it hasn't been a week since I last posted, but it has been a week since I started changing my eating habits. I'll be here posting at least every Monday for my weekly weigh-ins.

Last week I started off at 227. This morning I'm 221.5! That's a 5.5 lb. loss! I'll take that for sure. I know my numbers will be big at first since I have a LOT of weight to lose. It stinks having to lose the same weight over and over again. I'm trying not to focus on the fact that this is a 3rd or so attempt in 3 years of trying to lose weight. (Or even a 100th time over the past 10 years...) Sometimes it's hard not wondering "what if" and second guessing myself. It's difficult after failing so many times to wonder if it will happen again.

Im not always an optimist. In fact, I rarely am. I don't like to say I'm a pessimist, though. I like to think I'm a "realist." The difference between a pessimist and a realist is that Debbie Downer stigma. While I might not think something will work out perfectly and be great (like an optimist) I don't think it will turn out horrifically terrible either. I usually calculate the likelyhood of "chance", because, well crap life happens. So, I like to be prepared for worst case scenario. I like to feel that I have prepared myself for the worst, because if it turns out better... then I'm always pleased instead of let down. I hope that makes sense. Basically I don't expect the worse, but I'm prepared for it anyway.

Side note: I'm typing this post out on my phone, so it's a little harder to review and edit than on my laptop. Just in case there are typos or words missing... Ha!

Anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and lay out my goals here (big or small). I like having thoughts on "paper".


  1. Lose 80 lbs. while giving myself no time frame
  2. Fit into my old fat clothes (the ones I'm too fat for right now)
  3. Become more active, starting with walking
  4. Feel better about myself
  5. Not give up!
One last thing I'd like to talk about...

I went off track for Easter, but you know what I didn't do? Over-do it. I think I was reasonable. In the past, if I gave myself a "pass" I would take full advantage. Not this time. I made small portion choices of the off-plan food, and filled up on my meats and salad. I did have dessert and some candy, but I only had a few pieces and made Sam take the rest to work!! I would have never had him do that!! 

Slowly but surely...

2 comments: